The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello From California
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Learned of this site last week at a watch event in Beverly Hills, so thought I would register and participate!

I obtained my first Panerai a few months ago, the 42MM 337 Radiomir. I am very much enjoying it, perfect size, easy to read, great movement. I has just the right balance of sportiness and also is somewhat dressy with its polished case.

I have come full circle, from wondering what the heck Panerai was, to not really liking them (too stark, too different than what I was used to), to starting to appreciate them, to thinking they are "too big" for me, to finally picking one up and enjoying it. I don't see myself running out to add multiple to my collection, but there are certainly a few models that I really love and covet. Unfortunately, they seem to be the most expensive! Perhaps someday. Some of the new chrono models are really beautiful.

I tend to like watches in the 38MM to 42MM range, so some models are just too big for me. I tried on some of the 40MM but found them mostly too thick. The 337 is pretty much perfect for my wrist.

Looking forward to learning more about Panerai here. I also enjoy switching straps on my watches, which I understand is a big part of the attraction of Panerai so I will look forward to trying that out also and learning which straps to try on mine.

Gary