The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:51 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hi' Can you help me identify this watch? It is unfortunately not in its best condition, but I want to know if it's real or not.

My googling skills can't really help me, so if you would elaborate on why you can tell its fake or real, it would be nice!

It wouldn't allow me to inset pictures, as they were too big.

So here is the two links.

http://imgur.com/a/6Aqyl
and here
http://imgur.com/a/QuqDV

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Only replying to this, as it's really old... as it is the only genuine watch posted in the last year or so on these threads real or fake threads. Be careful Pam guys!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:06 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

mikewatch wrote:
Only replying to this, as it's really old... as it is the only genuine watch posted in the last year or so on these threads real or fake threads. Be careful Pam guys!

Thank you for info. I have posted it in another forum as well, and they confirmed it as being genuine as well.

I now have enough backup to form online sources, so that I can go to the official dealer to get it verified. It costs 150$, but it is worth to to it because I would like to sell it.

Do you guys think that it's possible to sell without papers or box (lost), but with verification from the dealer and a note from the police confirming it is not reported stolen. Anything else you would include to increase the chances of finding a potential buyer?
And a last question. Would you get a service before selling it or reduce the selling price with the amount that a service would cost?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

All of that is a complete waste of time, no one will buy it in a global market because of a piece of paper saying it's not stolen. The watch you have pictured is real, if you are legitimate seller and deliver the watch pictured you will have a very happy buyer. It is worth somewhere around $3500-$5k and can be sold on e-bay or on forums as a genuine watch. You can PM me if you need help, but only expert opinions are what matters and they will all be the same. That is a real Panerai, no further inquiries are needed. Sell it as such. Gorgeous watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you can provide great photos that prove that it is real, the informed buyers will be okay with it. However, if you wish to sell on ebay, to less informed individuals, then the certificate of authenticity from the dealer will go some way to help. Just make sure that the certificate is verifiable and from a well-known dealer since you want the buyer to be able to phone and check with them and also know that its not just some scammers cell phone they are calling. People go very far to try and scam. I have experienced it first hand.