The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone get anything new? I picked up a Bell & Ross, and have been playing around with swapping my PAM straps on it. I have a Micah Vintager French Canvas strap coming now that I am very excited about too.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

No new Pam's, but a new plum colored Toshi strap! Rich makes a great strap and I am loving it on my 312.

I do have a standing order for a 382 Bronzo at my Breitling dealer, butthey only give it a 50-50 chance, becuase of the popularity and that the local Panerai AD (where my Breitling AD would get it) isn't a Boutique, so they don't know if they will get any of them. Now I have several months to save ....just in case!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:32 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

I bought a 312 in March and was suppose to only purchase my next watch in 2012 (1 watch per year rule...) but guess what, the urge is too strong and my will power surrendered.

Bought home a 305 in April and was so excited and over the moon about it! It is May now and I try to busy myself with buying 24mm and 26mm straps to prevent myself from buying a Radiomir!!! :lol: :P :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:10 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

I've got several on order from this years releases and 'my' 339 is i'm old due 'soon' :roll:

I've nearly bought several this year but keep resisting the temptation to spend even more to keep myself amused while i wait for the goodies.

I've bought a few straps, but already posted about those :)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow! Looks like you guys have lots of stuff on the horizon.. its pretty quiet over here on the Watch front. We have a baby due in July and its been nothing but Cribs, Strollers and other assorted baby goodies on the horizon unfortunately. I hope to aquire something new but its just straps for now!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:09 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

While waiting for the registered mail containing my Kain Heritage strap and buckles to arrived, I have ordered another 2 straps from Ted Su :shock: :shock: ....man...when will the spending stop? :oops: :P hehehehe....

Ken

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:11 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

on the list for a 372, but bought a carbon fiber strap from mr wong, that looks great

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:31 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I'll have my first PAM, a 299 on my wrist tomorrow. :D

Omega SMP
Omega X-33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Ad getting a 312 for me this week :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:55 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

My first PAM, a 090 was delivered today!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

After selling off my two Pams I've been Pam-less for the last few months. My AD called me yesterday, she got a 359 in stock from Panerai and after an amazing deal it will be on my wrist tomorrow. :? Can't wait!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:33 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Congratulations !!!! Another P9000 movement will be shown soon ;-)
Please post some pictures.....with a happy smile.

Cheers,
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Mfserge wrote:
After selling off my two Pams I've been Pam-less for the last few months. My AD called me yesterday, she got a 359 in stock from Panerai and after an amazing deal it will be on my wrist tomorrow. :? Can't wait!!!!

Sweet!!! Congrats Serge. Post some pics when you can. :)

Omega SMP
Omega X-33

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I'm back in the Pam craze!! I have always wanted this model but I was extremely concerned that I wouldn't like the highly polished case as much as the wonderfully brushed case on my old 312. Boy was I wrong, the highly polished case is gorgeous looking. The dirty dial needs to be seen to be appreciated. What a watch, I'm so glad I picked this up. Now it's time to hit up micah for some straps.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:24 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Congratulations, a wonderful watch and eyecatcher !!! ;-)

Thanks for sharing this nice picture.

Cheers,
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:32 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Mfserge wrote:
I'm back in the Pam craze!! I have always wanted this model but I was extremely concerned that I wouldn't like the highly polished case as much as the wonderfully brushed case on my old 312. Boy was I wrong, the highly polished case is gorgeous looking. The dirty dial needs to be seen to be appreciated. What a watch, I'm so glad I picked this up. Now it's time to hit up micah for some straps.

Stunning watch Serge...so glad you have added a Pam back to that great collection of yours.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:40 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

I'm a new member of the Forum and of the Family of PAM owners. I tried to attach a pic, but it must be too large.

I'm now into acquiring straps. So far, i've got 4 Mario Paci, and 1 Strap Works in addition to the OEM alligaotor. I have two coming from Dangerous 9 and one from Rob Montana.

The watch itself is superb. It's my first in the true, luxury watch category. I think the next one will be a Rolex Sub or something.

Anyway, thanks for sharing all your experiences. Us newbies surely appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:41 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Forgot to mention the model. It's a 320.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum Willyg.

Straps are like getting a fraction of a new pam, for a fraction of the price. Good tide-overs until the next big acquisition! Paci's are nice, though some I find kind of pricey. They do have a nice stitch to them though.

Can't fault the choice of the 320.. I love mine, and wear it regularly!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:51 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Thanks. I actually wear the 320 everyday. My next nicest watch is a Tag Carerra, but it's not in the same class as the PAM.

Bicycles, watches and shoes are my things. All of which you can spend a lot of money on, so I have to be careful.

Lovin' the watch!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:17 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I just traded off a couple of pieces and reacquired a 312 and picked up my first 356. I like a chrono and really like the faux patina on the dial. Been swapping out straps on both since I got them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:52 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I got my first PAM ever 312 a few weeks ago and had moments where I 'thought' I made a mistake and should have gotten the 320 (GMT model with no power reserve indicator) instead.

BUT after realizing/weighing I 'saved' about $1k for not having the GMT fuction and losing the power reserve in the back of the watch I seem to be OK with it LOL

Guess there is something to be said about the simplistic beauty of the 312.... but damn.... The 320 is so tempting. I just don't want to make the mistake of getting in essence the same watch should I pick up the 320 too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:26 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

My 356 is gone and now I've grabbed a 359. Also doing a deal on my 312L for a 312N. Not sure if you noticed, but the 312N series has a slight gray dial instead of pure black and the bezel around the case back is now brushed instead of polished. Compared my L with an N series at the Miami Boutique and really like the subtle change in color.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:41 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

just landed a 372....it's very sexy

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't see any new PAMs for me any time real soon... most of the ones that I want are out of my comfort zone when it comes to price unfortunately. Maybe something more basic than my 320, but then anything more basic doesn't quite stir excitement in the loins you know?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:51 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

I finally got a 372 as i've posted but still await a 375 and 382, not that i would keep both of them i think. Until they arrive though, which will be when i wonder?????????

Deliveries of 2011 models has been very poor imo and on Monday it will star all over again :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:06 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Baz1950 wrote:
Deliveries of 2011 models has been very poor imo and on Monday it will star all over again :roll:

doesn't it usually take about a year from sihh to boutique/ad? that's what i've been told.

anyway, i'm looking to see what's released and what i want to get on the list for....

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:56 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

paneraisource wrote:
I don't see any new PAMs for me any time real soon... most of the ones that I want are out of my comfort zone when it comes to price unfortunately. Maybe something more basic than my 320, but then anything more basic doesn't quite stir excitement in the loins you know?

the new 380 is pretty nice, almost pulled the trigger on one a few weeks ago. great entry level piece, but i couldn't buy that and the 372.

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:36 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

fullcourt wrote:
Baz1950 wrote:

doesn't it usually take about a year from sihh to boutique/ad? that's what i've been told.

anyway, i'm looking to see what's released and what i want to get on the list for....

I think 2011 models were slower arriving than in previous years? either way, imo they should be much quicker. They've already committed to making the new models why does it take so long to actually get them out.

Being a cynic i see it as intentional and keeping demand up in time for the next years model. I would liken it to Rolex with the Daytona manipulation for so long, though that bubble has finally burst. 5-7 years to get one when they make around 1 million pieces a year :? Utter BS imo and i think Panerai are playing the same game, and we have to suffer at least one, sometimes two price increases from announcement to delivery. Great for the RIS coffers but a bad taste for the brand followers.

I like what they make but not how they do business. Service and back-up is also poor, dire in reality :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:15 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Baz1950 wrote:
fullcourt wrote:
Baz1950 wrote:

I think 2011 models were slower arriving than in previous years? either way, imo they should be much quicker. They've already committed to making the new models why does it take so long to actually get them out.

Being a cynic i see it as intentional and keeping demand up in time for the next years model. I would liken it to Rolex with the Daytona manipulation for so long, though that bubble has finally burst. 5-7 years to get one when they make around 1 million pieces a year :? Utter BS imo and i think Panerai are playing the same game, and we have to suffer at least one, sometimes two price increases from announcement to delivery. Great for the RIS coffers but a bad taste for the brand followers.

I like what they make but not how they do business. Service and back-up is also poor, dire in reality :evil:

rolex makes millions of watches each year, panerai quite a bit less....not sure what the previous timetable was but i did get on the list early for my 372. as far as service goes, personally i've had zero issues with them here in the us. the last time my 328 was at the spa it took 3 weeks round trip. as far as the back up and getting things like buckles, straps etc, i have to agree it takes them forever. i love the brand and have only recently been lucky enuf to buy a few. it's like everything else in life, if it's worth waiting for it's worth waiting for....8^)

chicago, usa