The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:14 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Well, let me introduce myself. Known as carlhaluss at Breitlingsource.com, here I am courtesy of admin (Nelson) and Ianmedium (from Breitlingsource.com). The three of us got together yesterday, and talked about watches, and talked about watches, and talked about watches. All kinds of watches, and Panerai came into the discussion. After window shopping with Ian, I ventured down to Palladio in Vancouver, which I beleive is the only seller of Panerai in the city. I always liked Panerai, but after our discussions yesterday, my interest increased.
I must have the basic Luminor 44mm with the black face, and no complications! What an exceptional, simple, gorgeous watch! It is the perfect size. I really have not paid a lot of attention to Panerai, although I have been on the website, I must have missed the most simple one of all. I really have been searching high and low for one as simple, and now I have found it!
I have a Breitling Steelfish, a Blacksteel, and a new Seawolf. I can see myself possibly selling the Blacksteel, and maybe even the Steelfish, to fund this Panerai. After seeing some posts about it, and all the fun I can have with the straps, I am completely hooked!
Looking forward to having much fun in this forum!
Cheers,
Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Welcom to the forum Carl - we spoke, albeit a long while back, when I was on Breitling Source - sadly my visits there are limited now - I think you're learning why :)

"The sickness" seems to suit Panerai far more than other marques, and certainly not in a negative way - the watch you mention, undoubtedly a 'Base' is exsquisite in it's simplicity, and packed full of the DNA of Panerai. I have a 'Logo' (the PAM0000) and if you look on the Gallery section there are photos.

Let us know how you get on - with pics, of course!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

hi carl:

welcome and thanks for sharing. i too have a new found attraction to panerai watch brand and models. here are my favorite model(s):

111 black dial simple comlication (hour hands and secs at 9)

003 white dial clean loooking

282 blue dial with blue alligator strap ... unique color what i feel is an attention getter. i showed and shared a pic of the 282 from the panerai.com website to my lady friend and she tought/commented that it was "sexy" (for whatever that means in terms of a personal timepiece).

still have to wrap my arms and attention to the destro models ... hopefully in time :lol:

best of luck with your search for your luminor. when and if you do decide on one post a pic and a discription so i can benefit also from your knowledge and experience.

tos