The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:46 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Hello chaps, some of you may recognise my name from over at Breitlingsource as I have been frequenting that forum for nearly a year now! I joined there I think in May last year with no knowledge of watches at all(of any kind) but in that time I've managed to purchase a black dial Skyland Avenger and also a white dial Super Avenger and various straps! So hopefully this time next year when I join a Tag forum I'll have a couple of Panerai in my collection!!!!!!!!!!Just kidding. Well maybe not! :roll:

Anyway I hope to purchase a Panerai of some kind this year and could think of nowhere better to get some inside information so come with it ;) . Anyone got any suggestions to a good starting point I quite like the Pam28 and Pam26, if thats right. Forgive my ignorance but I'm here to learn.

Cheers

Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:49 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Hi M8

pam26.......you'll be lucky...I sold mine a while ago....worst decision I ever made....reckon on around 10K£ IF you can find one

Get on the list for a 219, the two scottish dealers get one each per year, (glasgow dealer has my money for mine, H&I in edinburgh might have one this year tho don't know if its spoken for yet.

Past:- SA, B1, Emergency, Speedy Moon, Pam 26, Daytona, Sub, Tiger, Zenith Elite etc
Current:- Navi World, SO, Sea Dweller, Pam 219, Suunto Core etc

Coral Club Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

10 Grand Jesus Christ! That shows how much I know about Panerai at the moment!!!!!!!!! I just checked all the models on here yesterday, wrote 2 or 3 down and posted about them! Think I need to delve a bit further into the new watch lark. I'm looking to spend about £3000 but with some of the prices I've seen so far I think I'll be lucky! :evil: Anyway thanks for the reply, don't think there's much going on here compared with BS although the Panerai's are really very nice and look a bit more simplistic than the Breitlings!! Anyway I'll see what happens, The Pam26 is definently a no-no!

Cheers

Andrew

Ps The 219 is a nice looking watch. Are you getting the Destro and what's the RRP on one of those badboys! I'm not overly excited with the crown on the left side of the watch but it does look different. ;)