The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

I've had a good year with Panerai's. After a very long wait, like everyone else i appreciate, i finally got my 382 and 372 8-)

Quite unexpectedly i have been offered a 368 destro which ironically would make more sense than anything else i currently own, as i am a lefty. The small question of £10300 or app $16200 is of course relevant at any time, but after the expense of the other new ones, it would be pretty indulgent at my level, though i can afford it, just!

I never buy to profit but i do like to minimise my losses whenever i can and the 368 has no track record yet but unlike the 382 which is commanding big premiums, the 368 seems to be generally available for retail or just under in most countries where they are for sale. I love the brown dial, gold hands, 8 day and Ti case but would also hate to lose £000's on one.

I know nobody has a crystal ball, but whats the feeling?

As a footnote, i was personally totally underwhelmed with this years SIHH offerings. For the nice Cali and SLC models to all have 'VINTAGE' engraved on the sase is a huge turn off for me, and i have nothing ordered or desired. It seems 2011 will be my personal Panerai climax year, other than perhaps buying pre-owned older models.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:13 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Baz1950 wrote:
I've had a good year with Panerai's. After a very long wait, like everyone else i appreciate, i finally got my 382 and 372 8-)

Quite unexpectedly i have been offered a 368 destro which ironically would make more sense than anything else i currently own, as i am a lefty. The small question of £10300 or app $16200 is of course relevant at any time, but after the expense of the other new ones, it would be pretty indulgent at my level, though i can afford it, just!

I never buy to profit but i do like to minimise my losses whenever i can and the 368 has no track record yet but unlike the 382 which is commanding big premiums, the 368 seems to be generally available for retail or just under in most countries where they are for sale. I love the brown dial, gold hands, 8 day and Ti case but would also hate to lose £000's on one.

I know nobody has a crystal ball, but whats the feeling?

As a footnote, i was personally totally underwhelmed with this years SIHH offerings. For the nice Cali and SLC models to all have 'VINTAGE' engraved on the sase is a huge turn off for me, and i have nothing ordered or desired. It seems 2011 will be my personal Panerai climax year, other than perhaps buying pre-owned older models.

looks like the 382 is sky high right now and probably will continue that way. the 372 has stabilized a bit i guess people are waiting to see if there's another run "o" series, etc. not sure what the 368 will do but if it's an se, the price seems to always go up.

good luck and if you decide to sell your 382 @ retail let me know....8^)

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:26 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Oh well, in the end i bailed. Hard to justify the cost of it after the others so recently, and much as i like it some SE's do fall back in value, the 371 was a bit of a recent flop much as i personally liked it.

I will content myself with what i have, for now at least.

Thanks for your views.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

hi there, I'm just got into the Panerai 'interest' group and currently own the 219, 359 & 356. A fren of mine asked me to exchange my 356 with his 390. Both pcs are mint condition. Need yr advise whether shld I do it? Many thanks..

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:51 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

audiTTS wrote:
hi there, I'm just got into the Panerai 'interest' group and currently own the 219, 359 & 356. A fren of mine asked me to exchange my 356 with his 390. Both pcs are mint condition. Need yr advise whether shld I do it? Many thanks..

I do believe you would get more response to your question if it was in a stand alone thread :idea:

Would i swap a 356 for a 390? Yes because i dislike Panerai Chrono's.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

thks alot for yr advise and also your preferred choice! cheers