The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

hi gd day to all,

I have some quries on my watch hope some can help to clear my quries.TIA

I own a pam 312,due to my job nature,i only wear my 312 on weekends.So usually if i wear my pam this weekend,on next weekend when i wanna wear again the watch already have stopped.

So my question is is it better to wind my watch everyday to keep e watch running daily?

OR

Is it ok to let it stop and whenever i wanna wear den i wind and let it run again?

Cos my concern is if i only wind whenever i wanna wear when e watch is stop,will e freq pulling out of e crown and adjusting of e hr/min hand cause damage to e watch or any mechanism easily?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My personal opinion based on what I've read and talked with some watchmakers is that given the short length of time that you are letting it sit unwound, you are better off just letting it wind down and resetting it every weekend.

Keeping the watch wound every day will cause more wear and tear on the movement simple because its running daily. Not that its a bad thing, but will probably wear it out faster. Letting your mainspring unwind completely is also good for it, so if you let it run until it is dully discharged, and then wind it up again it is good for it.

This is just my opinion from reading and talking with people and watchmakers, not an expert opinion at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:38 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

This is one reason why i personally like manual winds and no seconds, resetting is easy and quick.

People are very divided on what is the best option, run them or let them stop. Personally i would keep it wound and accurate. An inexpensive watch winder will do this for you of course so you're always good to go 8-)