The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Opinions on fit wanted.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hello friends. I've been wearing my PAM 310 for a while now and am wanting to move up to a 44mm 0025. By this pic, do you think I could pull it off? I don't want it to look too big for my wrist. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your wrist doesn't look too small to me. I think a 44mm PAM would look great on your wrist!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:29 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

looks great imo.

sidetracking, for me, i'd prefer a looser watch, it seems tight on your wrist imo, but to each his own.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

You seem to have a fairly substantial looking wrist 7"+??. Mine is 7.5" and a 47mm Panerai fits me just fine with no 'overhang' which is my measure of what is too big! 44mm i think would be perfect for you.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:04 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Great observations and WOW! What a fantastic gold SUB Baz! My wrist is strange in that it's only 6.8 in circumference but flater on top. Sounds strange, I know. Anyhow, I did try on a PAM25 44mm at a local dealer and it looked fine. But trying on a 44mm GMT, it looked to large. Maybe due to the design/size of the crystal. Not really sure why.

Tzetze. Yes this band fits just a bit too snug, but I can't adjust it any larger. I'm currently waiting on two new straps; an OEM Kevlar/Velcro in black, and an all carbon fiber one.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:41 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

nice watch baz :)

hey shibak, i had carbon fiber looking straps too, but find them not as nice wearing... i got it from a HK seller on ebay (mine is a diff one from yours though so yours might wear better :D). if you are into very soft but thick (5mm thick!) leather straps which are quite long in length, try looking for the brand "matterhorn", its cheap and comfy. i had 1 matterhorn honey brown strap, on my 6.5" ++ wrist it wore loose on the last hole. i love it for the comfort and softness ;)

<edit> just to clarify, i measured my wrist and it was 7".... so pls rem to check the strap you get, if your are getting the matterhorn, you might need to punch a hole or 2! my matterhorn strap was 125mm by 85mm and if you are smaller than 7", i'd advice you NOT to get it

Last edited by tzetze on Sun May 06, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:33 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Shibak wrote:
Great observations and WOW! What a fantastic gold SUB Baz!

Many have mistaken the 382 Bronzo for Gold ;) Thankfully the tarnishing and patina is developing now so it looks less 'bling' 8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Baz1950 wrote:
Thankfully the tarnishing and patina is developing now so it looks less 'bling' 8-)

Sorry I mistyped. I like bronze more myself. I like the all steel models more, but didn't want the "shine" polished look. I like the flat matte finish of the PAM25. I'm more attached to the hobnail dial rather than the flat black, hench my decision to go with the 0025 and not the 243.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Love the subs. Been considering the acquisition of one myself, but not sure which one. Maybe if an opportunity presents itself I will snag one. The 25 is pretty nice, and being all titanium is much lighter feeling on the wrist.