The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PAM292
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:26 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hi everyone,

New to the board and a very quick and easy question for those in the know I think!

Ive never really considered a Panerai prior to going to my local Watches of Switzerland store in London. I bought a Breitling Navitimer World but they furnished me with a Panerai brochure as they have recently been made an AD I understand.

I really really like the PAM292 (Black Ceramic). I know they are one of the more popular models but I have a couple of questions:

1.) I read on another thread about the PIG! If I bought one, I would want the PIG I think. I read that they were on the 2007 models but not the 2008 models. Is this correct or can you specify if you want one or not?

2.) Bearing 1 in mind, how easy are they to get hold of? I dont mind going on a waiting list for a couple of years if necessary. Ive paid a grey dealer over on a Rolex Daytona but dont fancy doing it again for this watch, if they can be gotten hold of in a semi-reasonable time.

All responses welcome.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: PAM292
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:44 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

i'd take a crack at answering ur q's...

1. yea the pig is only in the J series. i guess some people complained that having the pig distract from the simplicity of the dial...panerai listened and took it out of the subsequent K/L series. of course now everybody wants the pig.

2. the 292 is a regular production piece so if u put ur name on the list you'll eventually get one. if u want the J/pig you'd probably have to go aftermarket/online dealer and i assume there'd be a premium.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:35 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

The difference in price between the j and k is about £2500-£3000. Personally go with the k as you should get one retail price if you look in the right areas....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:42 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Yes, the K-series is without PIG. And I love it without it. BTW, if you are ever in London, you have to visit the Imperial War Museum, see link below:

http://london.iwm.org.uk/

There is a PIG on display and it's impressive!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The PIG is just a collectibility issue. PAM owners are all about exclusivity and uniqueness. The more exclusive a watch is, the more desireable it is, regardless of whether it actually looks good.

Personally I think its great either way.. lol.