The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:54 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hiya, people, another recently converted Panerai enthusiast here, I just don't know which one to buy.

I've been an Omega man for the past 15 years or so, currently have a Seamaster which rarely left my wrist during that time, and a gold vintage DeVille dress watch which was hardly worn.

I've been looking for a new watch for while, I spend quite a bit of time in SE Asia, and often buy a fake version of something that interests me to see how I feel about it before taking the plunge, and so far not much has tickled my fancy, but this past August I picked up a 104 (I think) for the princely sum of £15, and have recently realised that I spend more time wearing that than I do my Seamaster, so it's time to replace the knock off with the real thing.

In 4 years I'm buying myself a Lange & Sohne for an anniversary of mine, and the majority of my cash will be going on that, so ideally what I'm looking for is something not overly pricey, simple (I prefer the cleaner lines and face of an uncomplicated watch as opposed to a chrono/divers/pilots type watch) prefer the Marina to the Radiomir so far, second hand and date are appreciated but not essential, automatic, and an exhibition back (why watch TV when you can watch a lovely mechanism going about it's business).

Thanks for reading, and for any future opinions, glad to be aboard.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

i'm in the same situation. i personally like the simple look but elegance of the pam 112 with sandwich dial. i have my heart set on that :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you are looking for an automatic with a display back you are going to pay quite a bit. Most of the automatic models are not display backed unfortunately...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hello

I was like you a few weeks ago until I decided for PAM 312. You should look at it. Manifattura line...Clean and simple design, 1950 case brushed and polished, automatic, see through the case

I'm waiting on my new straps and post pictures soon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice choice Stephane! The 312 is a beautiful watch.