The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:58 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

My 359 arrived Saturday from one of the Panerai boutiques; however, the black Panerai box was encased by a plain cardboard box that had a label for a 233 on it...and the Panerai silver logo on the inside of the Pearwood box is scruffed up pretty good.

The watch and the contents were in great condition, but this seems wrong to me. Did the dealer ship out the incorrect box and is it possible he swapped out the pearwood box as well?

I'm going to call him, but would like input before I do.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its possible he just grabbed the wrong box. If it really bugs you then take it back and tell him to get you one with a un-scuffed logo.

The outer cardboard should match.. so I guess an argument for resale value can be used when persuading him to remedy the situation. And if he won't tell him to give you a free strap!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I spoke to the dealer today and was told that this was "customary" for new PAM watches and that all of the new shipments are coming in the same box.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I can't think of any rationale whatsoever that a company with its kind of prestige and reputation and attention to detail would send out boxes that state "PAM233" with a customer and ID number on it and use those as "standard" shipping boxes.

It's a Panerai boutique, so I'm not sure where I should turn now.

I don't plan on selling the watch anytime soon - I absolutely love it. And quite frankly, the folks that I dealt with were fantastic relative to the other boutiques, so I don't want to start problems over such a small thing. I'm just having a hard time finding any logic in Panerai shipping out mismarked boxes as being "standard."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The outercardboard box has a sticker on it with the model and UPC code, etc.. is that the sticker that says 233? Because I thought that sticker was unique to each watch and should even have the millesimation on it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:09 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

That's what I thought. The outercardboard box has an odd customer ID on it and it clearly says "for PAM233."

The inner black box does not have the corresponding stickers on it - those were provided seperately in the warranty.

BTW, the warranty no longer looks like a credit card - it's stamped by the boutique/dealer in the warranty pamphlet. I was told Panerai is doing this now for watches that are all made in-house....she said Panerais with out of house movements would have the "old" warranty.

It all adds up to me except for the outer shipping box....

Damn nice watch though :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup - the 359 is an awesome watch. The Antiqued lume is cool. I think I would personally lean towards the 312, but I like the 359 very much as well.