The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Most sought after!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Just reading through some threads on the Paneristi forum when it occured to me that they seem to all be lusting after the 360 which I gather was made especially for them. So I was thinking what do you think is the most sought after PAM around?

I have no idea as I'm new to the brand so just trying to get a feel for what other people think, pics may be good too I usually have to open another page to google pics of the different PAM's you all talk about! ;)

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Most sought after!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:47 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Yeah the anticipation for a phone call from a boutique saying they have your pam360 is crazy right now. Its definitly the hottest watch around. Not only in terms of beauty but meaning as well. I did put in my bid for one but doubt if im worthy since i 've only been a member on risti.com for a about a year now. But in general I think the most sought after pams change from time to time. IMO any pvd is gonna start a wave of folks trying to get there hands on one like a 292, 28, or 26. Why? Mainly because of their limited production and lets not forget , they're just plain SEXY! But If I had to choose the most sought after or consistently coveted pam then I guess it would be the 000. Yes I know they are entry level and very simplistic but man, it sure is hard to get your hands on one when you want it! You can eventually get one after a long wait but I live near 7 AD's and they fly off the shelves as soon as they come in. Glad I gots mine! Anyone agree? Disagree?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:35 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I know the 360 seems to be the PAM of the moment, what's the history around it? I gather it's been made in honour of someone who died but I havn't looked too much into it.

The 000 is a beauty so I can understand the reasoning there, not so sure about the PVD's as there seems to be a lot of them around(as in models).

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

The 360 was made to commemorate paneristi.com's 10th anniversary. It has since been also attached to a beloved moderator who recently passed, BBQ.

Perhaps that, and the confusing allocation process of the VERY limited 300pcs (in comparison to the huge interest), has produced a TON of very emotionally charged responses to the watch -- many of which have turned ugly.

I'd strongly suggest ignoring anything to do with 360, until time heals (many, I hope).

Meanwhile, I am currently very intrigued by the size and wrist presence of the Egiziano 60mm 341... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tough question!

I definately think that the lower priced pams like the 000, 111 and 112 are probably the most sought after simply because their price point allows more access for the regular collector. You gotta remember most PAM owners are not ristis.... most are just guys on the street that have no interest in chitchat. They just bought them cuz its a cool watch and a status symbol.

Most regular guys couldn't care less about the 360. The 360 is hot on risti because it was made for the forum, and its a status symbol on the forum that you are one of the 360 coolest guys there! Let's face it.. owning certain Pams doesn't just mean that you have money, but that you have connections. If they made as many of the 360 as the 000 and sold it for just as long, would it be just as big a seller?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

andrew692003 wrote:
Just reading through some threads on the Paneristi forum when it occured to me that they seem to all be lusting after the 360 which I gather was made especially for them. So I was thinking what do you think is the most sought after PAM around?

I think for them it is. ;)

95akcoop wrote:
But If I had to choose the most sought after or consistently coveted pam then I guess it would be the 000. Yes I know they are entry level and very simplistic but man, it sure is hard to get your hands on one when you want it! You can eventually get one after a long wait but I live near 7 AD's and they fly off the shelves as soon as they come in. Glad I gots mine! Anyone agree? Disagree?

I have to agree with that. Seems you want one because you like it, not because a few people on a website have a hardon for something that can externally validate their existence.

As a 112 owner, I can attest that simpler (to me) is more timeless. I think that's a huge part of the appeal for the Historic Base models.