The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paneristi and the 360!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Are there many Paneristis here?

I'm not a member over there but I do frequent the site quite regularly cos I like the amount of pics and stuff they share over there, don't think I'll be joining either but you never know, 2 forums is enough for me to keep track/involved in.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the carry on over the 360. There one holy row broken out over it and to me seems to be getting extremely childish and out of hand, whats the big deal?

Do you think that all the adverse publicity that the forum is having just now, not just to there members but people like me all over the world who frequent the site just for a nosey is damaging for Panerai as a brand on the whole. I can't think the powers to be at Panerai would be very happy with the situation at the moment.

Anyway I'm just trying to get what folks thoughts are on this great forum! :D

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:37 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I joined Paneristi a couple of months ago but I mostly lurk there. I can see why the 360 is such a big deal, since it's a watch commemorating their website and it does look pretty cool, but since I'm not really part of the community, I can't say I've paid too much attention to the 360. In fact, I don't even know about any negative situation regarding the 360 over there because I don't really read any of the 360 posts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No offense to any risti's on here, but there is a tendancy to brag about who's got the connections and who can get the most LE Panerai's... its a status symbol over there. I'm a casual collector who started a site because I like the watches, I don't need to prove anything to anyone.. but I can see it getting sensitive just due to the nature of the collectors there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:49 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Some of them do seem a bit touchy, in general tho the banter seems to be quite good but this 360 stuff for me is quite embarrasing. How grown men can argue so much over a watch I'll never know! :shock:

I get the 10 year anniversary thing but for me the watch just looks very similar to quite a few other models, I think I would rather have my 312 TBH!

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:58 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

paneraisource wrote:
No offense to any risti's on here, but there is a tendancy to brag about who's got the connections and who can get the most LE Panerai's... its a status symbol over there. I'm a casual collector who started a site because I like the watches, I don't need to prove anything to anyone.. but I can see it getting sensitive just due to the nature of the collectors there.

Well how long are well going to have to wait for a LE around hear......hope its not 10yrs...by the way im first in line... :D

Come on moderator get your finger out and write off to Panerai.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

paneraiseeker wrote:
paneraisource wrote:

Well how long are well going to have to wait for a LE around hear......hope its not 10yrs...by the way im first in line... :D

Come on moderator get your finger out and write off to Panerai.....

If i can convince them to make an LE, it will be for the number of members who want one! Sign up, and when the list is filled, that's how many I'd make.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:18 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

That seems a lot like sense TBH, why did Paneristi do that? At least it keeps everyone happy and my guess is that it would still be a limited number anyway so that keeps everyone happy!

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:13 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

it's a big deal because of what it stands for, i guess. i'm a recent member here and there, and i think a few people have been out of line with their comments, for the most part it seems like a great group. imho

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yep.. its always the few that ruin it for the many.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:09 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

i lurk there like most other places. agreed with admin about the production #s of the LE pieces. anybody with the means/desire to get one should be able to get one. now you got some thinking they're more deserved than another guy that got one, a few thinking it's a lottery and had the intention of flipping it right away for 4x etc. guaranteed if the LE # was 1000 or 3000 some people wouldn't even sign up as they know they can't flip it for a big profit....then we'd know who a true risti/passion/dna/bbq/koolaid/community is.

edit: i actually love the look of the 360 and would like to see a regular production at a price point of 5-6k msrp. didn't sign up for the 360 as i felt i don't deserve one even if i was lucky with the lotto...i would've taken up a spot that would go to a more deserving p contributor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I somehow managed to score a 360 I would have flipped it for a profit because I don't really want one and couldn't care less about the prestige of owning one. Evidence that I don't deserve one! lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I made a thread over there about whether it was worth the hype, one because it's not visually all that amazing and two, because of the inflated hype. One guy almost bit my head off, but I was trying to get more objective answers about this piece.

I think even the people there that question the hype over the 360 will not say so openly, if for no other reason than to hurt their lottery chances in another 10 years. Who knows.

Personally, I think people outside the Paneristi.com community will have a harder time understanding the piece. For those cats going to GTGs to flex what's on their wrist, I can definitely see the peacock influence of the watch.