The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:50 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hi All,

I am new to this board. Just wanna share a few thoughts on my new watch a PAM361. Got a new job and was looking for years. I wanted something that can stop my time when I do a run and something that I can take afterwards in the shower. So this is my pick even I know it is not an in house movement but I consider that actually a plus, don't want to elaborate on that one. Anyway, here are my experiences. The watch has almost the 42 hour reserve after a full winding just sitting in its box and has maybe lost one second in 1 week so far! I took it for several runs outside at -4 degree C and jumped in the shower afterward (even I read about the steam issue that especially some Breitling (50 - 100 m waterresistance) have). Now I don't take the icecold watch and put it in the superhot water but I do soap it and rinse it in lukewarm water bigtime. In addition, I should mention that I did slip on ice the other day and landed on all four quite rough on my belly and my wrist came down all the way from elbow to the hand in the same "brutal" way (Glas facing up ;) ) No problem! I love this watch, especially that it is so low profile it looks like a 300 USD watch and most people recognize only Rolex or Breitling anyway.

Panerai is the real thing!

Matt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:22 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Great post.... :idea:

being a PAM newbie , I didn't know that PAM can take such a torture.. although i too wear my 219 for the gym and swim ( and yes, through shower etc)...but never on freezing temperature..

oh, yeah , you're right.. most people dont even bother to look at the PAM on your wirst.. they only know Rolex, Omega, Breitling... .. they could have thought that it was on of those "MALL" watches.. :mrgreen: but on the other hand, it doesn't radiate that "Richy Rich" message.. , don't you think ?

anyway, Congratss on your 361...

rgds
Pete J

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:48 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Absolutely,

the fact that the watch is considered by most people an average Joe watch was one of the reasons to buy it. Don't want somebody at work point out or think that I am some flashy person that wants to show off with his golden rolex but that is just me.

Matt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:55 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

i've had more people compliment me on my pam than any other watch i own....although the bp steinhart i recently bought is a close 2nd

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I do get a lot of compliments on my PAM's, though I get them for some of my other watches as well. One think I do notice is that I get a lot of looks at some of my other watches but the PAM's get the looks and the compliment.. maybe because they seem more approachable or maybe because others genuinely like them better on me?