The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Another new guy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:11 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

I've already posted a few threads, but I thought I would say hi. Been looking to buy a Panerai for a while for my 30th. Currently got a PAM 000 in transit & should be with me in a week. I've been collecting watches for a while, mainly along a space theme & recently sold everything but my Traser. Partially to fund the PAM, but also but some extra pennies in the saving account. I had owned my watches for around 7-5 years & lost only a small % of the orginal purchase value. This convinced me to spend some funds on a PAM. I had seen a few Panerai's around on the net & not really thought much of them, then back in Dec I spotted some in Geneva, this changed my mind completely. Up to that point I had planned to buy a GMT2, but decided to switch my target.

Funny story - went to the bank to trasnfer the funds on Saturday. The guy behind the counter asked what it was for. I told him it was for a new watch & he asked which type. I said it's a Panerai, at which point he showed me PAM 088 which he paid $5 from his holiday in Hong Kong!

Post subject: Re: Another new guy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:05 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Welcome to the forum - only requirement is to post photos of your Zero when it arrives!!!

Seriously, there are also a number of 'lurkers' here, so if you have questions or advice, don't hesitate to post, it's always interesting to have different opinions posted. Just because they don't post very often doesn't mean they don't read (and react) on occasion!!

Post subject: Re: Another new guy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:15 pm 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Welcome and congrats on the 000! Def a step in the right direction and one you def won't regret

Mike