The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: First Panerai
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:27 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

After getting into Brietlings for a while, I'm looking at my first Panerai purchase. I like the smaller 40mm case (my Chrono Avenger is about as big as I can go), Luminor models, with chronograph function. I didn't see much other than Pan 72 and 74 that fit my specification, and I like the exhibition back on both. I'm looking for an everyday business watch to wear to the office, meetings, etc. What do you think about those and do you have other suggestions? We don't have Panerai dealers locally that I can visit with and I appreciate your thoughts.

Post subject: Re: First Panerai
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:44 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hi,

I personally like bigger watches and only have 44mm PAM's. I have had many Breitlings but all have gone with the exception of my 50th Anniversary Navitimer.

I am not sure what kind of Business you are in but I wear my PAM's to meetings everyday without problem. The nice thing about PAM's is that not everone knows them so they don't attract too much attention (in terms of high value watch). Nevertheless, buy what suites you and what makes you smile. ;)

Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:28 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Thank you for the feedback. After talking to people more familiar with Panerai, I think the consensus is to go with the 44mm, especially if this is the first and possibly sole Panerai (although I doubt it will be the last one). I also think the black dial is the best way to start. Again, thanks for the advice. By the way, does anybody think having a watch with Stallone's "Daylight" movie on the dial is a little hoaky? I don't really have an opinion, but was just curious. Seems like this has been accepted maybe even embraced since he is such an important part of the history of Panerai and likely the reason I can even consider procuring one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

i like my panerai dials clean and simple.

you can't go wrong with a 44mm luminor...sub-second or base, logo...display back. all that jazz :)