The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moved Paneraisource to a new server, and now the forums are showing up ultrafast.. I love it. Hope you guys do too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:20 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Since I didn't use the forum before you made the change, I can't say.
What I can say, though, is that it does seem very responsive to me. Again, you have done a great job!
I can't believe in just under a week, I have become so hooked on the Panerai. I guess, because of this forum, I really started to take a lot closer look at them. What really attracted me is the simplicity of the dial on the Luminor Base and Radiomir Base. I love the Radiomir, with that great crown. Also, the nice wide 26mm lug width! I wish I had paid more attention to Panerai sooner. The minimalist look and elegant simplicity of the Base models are exactly what I have been looking for, for a long time. Something with no complications, no second hand, and an elegant but somewhat unique looking case and dial.
I am seriously thinking that I will sell my Blacksteel and Steelfish to finance one. As well I have an earlier Tudor Ranger II Oysterdate that I was going to bring last time we got together. I've had it since the 80's.
Anway, thanks yet again for a wonderful website.
cheers,
Carl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Carl! Good to see ya.. so you are thinking about jumping over to the Panerai ship eh???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:04 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

paneraisource wrote:
Carl! Good to see ya.. so you are thinking about jumping over to the Panerai ship eh???

I don't know what gave me such an urgent desire for the Panerai, when about a week ago I hardly knew anything about them. Well, I do know: I went on the website, after meeting with you, Shannon and Ian. When I saw the Luminor Basic and the Radiomir basic, I was blown away. The no complications with a sturdy, rugged watch was exactly the thing I have been looking for. It may take awhile, but eventually I will get a Radiomir. I am going to Palladio to look at some Panerais tomorrow. I really wish there was another AD in Vancouver, though. Did you order yours and where from?
Cheers,
Carl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:55 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Hah! Admins never been to a shop in his life - I've never met a lazier shopper - he just trawls the "Buy & Sell" forums... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:59 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

carlo that's also how i felt when i first noticed a panerai. the design is so simple and easy on the eyes...ingenious. the big strap and buckle also caught my attention, i was always a bracelet guy before.

i saw some panerai photos on friday and was wearing my first 183 rad on monday...and it felt GREAT~!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sportback wrote:
Hah! Admins never been to a shop in his life - I've never met a lazier shopper - he just trawls the "Buy & Sell" forums... :lol:

I actually haven't bought a watch in a shop for a while, and I've never bought a Panerai from a shop.. I almost reserved myself a 112 at Palladio, but their attitude just didn't make me want to shop there.